and Logo Use Policy
GameDevHQ, Inc. (and its affiliates) owns registered and unregistered product names, trade names, trademarks, service names, service marks, trade dress, taglines logos and other source identifiers (the “Marks”) in the United States, Canada, and in other countries. You may not use, reproduce, advertise, display, publish, or transmit any of the Marks without GameDevHQ’s prior written consent and/or absent a written agreement (any such written agreement or consent hereinafter are collectively referred to as “Agreements and Programs”) between you and GameDevHQ. For the avoidance of doubt, this policy is incorporated by reference into and is deemed to be a part of any Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ. As such, this policy is contractually and legally binding on you. ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, YOU MUST NOT MAKE ANY USE WHATSOEVER OF ANY OF THE MARKS. Moreover, the Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ and this policy, both expressly supersede and take precedence over any right to use or refer to the Marks (whether as a “fair use” or otherwise) that you might otherwise have and YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY AND ALL SUCH RIGHTS. All other trademarks and logos listed on GameDevHQ materials are the property of their respective owners.
You must comply with this usage policy to use or refer to the Marks. For branding requirements of the Marks, including their required colors, typography, and other materials containing the Marks, please refer to other GameDevHQ media. Usage of the Marks may further be governed by Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ, and as stated previously, this policy is incorporated by reference into and is a part of such Agreements and Programs. .
General Requirements for Usage of the Marks
GameDevHQ trademarks that apply to this usage policy include all applicable Marks, whether registered or unregistered. For questions and to inquire further about the Marks, please contact admin@GameDevHQ.com.
You may use the Marks, subject to restrictions set forth in Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ, and this policy, to identify GameDevHQ products, services, and programs on packaging, promotional, and advertising materials, provided you meet the following requirements:
- You may not include any Marks in your company name, product or service name, or domain name.
- You may not include any Marks in your social media account name, assets, page(s) or community (collectively, “Social Media”), without written authorization from GameDevHQ. Upon written authorization, you may use the Marks to describe the purpose of the Social Media forum by referring to the GameDevHQ product (“Forum for Magellan™ Users,” for example). Social Media includes, but is not limited to Twitter, Facebook (Meta), Instagram, TikTok, GitHub and LinkedIn.
- You may not include any Mark, including any GameDevHQ logo or product icon design, in whole or in part, in your company logo, your product logo, your app launch tile image, in your software product or service or in your Social Media without prior written consent from GameDevHQ.
- You should use an appropriate generic term after a Mark the first time it appears in any usage (whether in electronic or other media, including websites, white papers, technical documentation, manuals, packaging, a download page, app store marketing and Social Media) and as often as possible after that, such as product, software, cloud services, etc. For example, “GameDevHQ™ Magellan™ software”; “GameDevHQ™ CORE™ cloud services”.
- Your product name may not be confusingly similar to any Mark.
- You may not use any Marks on or in connection with any obscene materials, and your use of any Marks may not be disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to GameDevHQ, any of its products, or any person or entity.
- You may not use Marks in any manner that directly or indirectly expresses or implies GameDevHQ sponsorship, affiliation, certification, approval, or endorsement in relation to your product or service, except as permitted by Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ. You may not use the Marks in any other way that is deceptive, false or misleading.
- A Mark may not be the most prominent visual element on packaging, a download page, app store marketing, or other marketing materials for your product or service. Your company name or logo, your product or service name, and your graphic identity should be significantly larger than any Mark.
- If you refer to an GameDevHQ product, you should use the full name of the product in the first and most prominent reference.
- When using a Mark, use it with a ™, SM or ® in accordance with the Marks in GameDevHQ media.
- You may not shorten, abbreviate, or modify any Mark. Always spell out the Marks exactly as they appear on GameDevHQ media and do not modify and of the Marks, including any GameDevHQ logos.
- You should include the following trademark attribution statement in your literature and materials (replace everything in brackets [ ] appropriately): “[List of trademarks used, with ‘GameDevHQ’ first, if used, followed by other GameDevHQ marks used, in alphabetical order] are either registered or unregistered marks of GameDevHQ.”
- You should follow the basic requirements and guidelines for proper Mark usage:
- Trademarks are not verbs.
- Trademarks are not nouns.
- Always capitalize and use trademarks in their correct form.
- Trademarks must never be used as slang terms.
- Trademarks must never be used in possessive form.
- Trademarks are proper adjectives and should be followed by the generic terms they describe.
- Trademarks must never be abbreviated.
- The trademark owner should be identified whenever possible.
- The goods and services associated with the trademark should be mentioned with the trademark, where appropriate. The use of the trademark should not be descriptive.
- Branding requirements for the Marks, including taglines and their colors, typography, and other materials must comply in accordance with GameDevHQ media.
The following sections list more specific usages and contexts for the Marks.
The Marks include any GameDevHQ logos. Accordingly, you may not use, reproduce, advertise, display, publish, or transmit any GameDevHQ logo without GameDevHQ’s prior written consent. Your use must comply with Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ, as well as requirements described here. Absent such Agreements and Programs with GameDevHQ, you do not have permission to use any GameDevHQ logos.
You may qualify for use of certain logos under the programs offered through the GameDevHQ Partner Program, as well as other programs GameDevHQ offers. The GameDevHQ Partner program may refer to additional specific partner program logo requirements.
Use of the Marks in titles of publications, conferences, and seminars.
Only if and to the extent permitted under any Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ, you may use the Marks in the titles of publications, conferences and seminars that provide in-depth training on GameDevHQ products or services beyond that available from GameDevHQ product tutorials, training and reference materials. Such usage of the Marks must comply with all of the following requirements:
- The subject of the publication, conference or seminar should be the specific GameDevHQ product, service or technology to which the title refers.
- The GameDevHQ Marks may not appear larger or more prominent than the rest of the full publication, conference or seminar title, and your name or logo should be displayed more prominently on the cover of the publication and in all materials related to the conference or seminar.
- The GameDevHQ Marks may not be used in the stylized form other than that used by GameDevHQ, and no GameDevHQ logos, taglines, or GameDevHQ product imagery may be used on your publication’s cover or your publication, conference or seminar’s website, advertising, or promotional material, without express written permission from GameDevHQ.
- You may not use a Mark in the domain name of your publication, conference or seminar website, or Social Media associated therewith, without prior written consent or equivalent authorization from GameDevHQ.
- You may not shorten or abbreviate any of Marks. Always spell and capitalize the Marks as shown on GameDevHQ media.
- You must include the following trademark attribution statement: “[List of trademarks used, with ‘GameDevHQ’ first, if used, followed by other GameDevHQ marks used, in alphabetical order] are either registered or unregistered trademarks of Open Text.”
- You must otherwise comply with the requirements in accordance with GameDevHQ media.
- There should be nothing else in the use of the Marks or in the circumstances that would lead consumers or others to believe there is an association with, or endorsement by, GameDevHQ that does not exist, and the Marks should be used only to refer to the GameDevHQ products that are the subject of the publication, conference or seminar.
Additional Requirements for Third-Party Developers
If you are a developer (including system integrator and/or services providers) of apps, plug-ins, tools, scripts, application programing interfaces (APIs) or extensions for an GameDevHQ product or service, you may use, only with the prior written consent of GameDevHQ, as reflected in and subject to Agreements and Programs between you and GameDevHQ, the Marks in a referential manner on packaging, websites, promotional, and advertising materials to give notice that your product is compatible with the referenced GameDevHQ product or service, provided you meet the following requirements:
- You may not incorporate or include any GameDevHQ Mark in your company name, trade name, product name, domain name, name of your service, and/or a Social Media associated therewith.
- You may not include any Mark, product icon design, or product imagery, in whole or in part, in your company logo, your product logo, your app launch icon or launcher tile image or otherwise in your software product or service without a prior written license or equivalent written authorization from GameDevHQ as reflected in an Agreement and Program.
- Your product or service name may not be confusingly similar to any Mark.
- If you state that your product is compatible with an GameDevHQ product or service, the product must in fact be compatible with that GameDevHQ product or service and otherwise work with that GameDevHQ product as intended and described in the documentation of your product.
- Any notice that your product is compatible with an GameDevHQ product or service must be made in a referential manner such as “for use with,” “for,” “powered by,” or “compatible with.” Example: “[Your product name] app for GameDevHQ
- Branding requirements for Marks, including taglines and their colors, typography, and other materials must comply in accordance with GameDevHQ media.